Sunday, January 3, 2010

The New Year's Resolution

It seems like every year I find myself making the same goals just like for as long as I can remember I have been making the same mistakes. I am done with my old goals and old habits and not just because I say so or I want it to be so. I have wanted that for a while. It is going to be different for a reason I can't quite put into words. Its a feeling I have and an attitude change I am making.

I know for the first time in a long time how far away i am from where i want to be. That is one thing that is different. Before, i would lied to myself and those around me about who i was and that my addictions weren't that big a deal.

Today, I realize that regaurdless of how often or minor the offence and frequency of my addiction it is as dangerous to me as it is to a person using daily or someone clean for years.

The biggest difference this year is going to be me. I am going to be the warrior Dan Gray talks about. I am going to be the difference in my family and my future.

I love you babe, this is going to be a great year for us. €hanks for still loving and supporting me, and when needed calling me on my crap and using tough love. You are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment